Reputation Management is the process of protecting your reputation online.
Why Do I Need A Reputation Management Consultant?
We find that our reputation management clients come to us in one of the following scenarios:
- They received a negative review online from a dissatisfied customer, and that review is prominently displaying for a Google search for their brand name
- An individual, group of individuals or entity has defamed our client with content positioned on web properties that ranks for their brand name
- Our client is about to embark on a political campaign or some venture that requires taking control of their brand name on the internet in advance of any trademark violations or negative press; or
- Our client has been associated with negative press and needs to remove such content
How Does Reputation Management Work?
Our reputation management experts will analyze your particular brand concern problem and determine a strategy in order to suppress or remove the negative content or to position web properties that you would control on the web.
Reputation management strategies greatly vary from scenario to scenario.
- If its a defamation case, we can refer you to an attorney who will assist you in obtaining a court order and we can use a Google request for removal due to defamation procedure to have the offending content removed
- If its a suppression tactic, we will embark on creating web properties and content that will over time become relevant for your name in Google, Bing, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go, and other search engines
- If its a trademark protection tactic, we will claim 350+ social profiles for your trademark on the web
We have executed several reputation management campaigns using several varying and creative strategies to achieve the end result.
Due to the extremely sensitive nature of reputation management, we sign NDAs with all new clients.
For more information on how a reputation management plan could work for your scenario, please contact us so we may fully understand your issue.
How Long Does Reputation Management Take?
Again depending on the issue, results could be obtained in a 3 month campaign, or it could continue for years. Generally speaking, the stronger the domains that have problematic content and the higher the quantity of problematic domains, the longer such a campaign can take. Some campaigns may continue indefinitely.
How Much Does Reputation Management Cost?
You guessed it. It depends. The scope of work will be drastically different depending on how bad the problem is. For example. If you have 1 negative result that you want beyond the 3rd page of Google results, we would need to successfully control 30 different results in Google. That is essentially 30 separate campaigns with a focus on one property. This type of campaign would take several years, and a substantial budget.
We can provide a quote for the work, once we understand the issues to fix.